Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second Referendum.
According to the Independent, there are 283 MPs that support a second referendum and 355 against.

Over 25% more MPs are against a second referendum.

I doubt a second referendum will be called with these MPs currently in seats.
There is a bunch of MP's that are determined to get a second referendum as they see that as the only chance to overturn the result of the last Referendum. They have little chance of success before the first one is implimented in my opinion. If after a few years, things are not going too well then they may stand a chance.
I bet you that the real reason for the no deal vote in the Commons is so if the plotters get their own way with regards to a second referendum. They can claim that the question should be between May's deal or remain as no deal has (in their opinion) been ruled out.

Also Corbyn has repeatedly asked for no deal to be ruled out which kind of makes him complicit.
Bercow is getting himself into hot water again.

Out of two amendments 1. A second referendum 2. No second referendum, he chose to proceed with a vote at the commons on whether a second referendum should be held even though more than 100 MPs signed the amendment tabled for No second referendum.

Of course this is not binding, is unlikely to pass and if it did would involve going through a whole barrage of red tape and other parliamentary votes to be made a reality.

(03-14-2019, 01:21 PM)IanWhann Wrote: I bet you that the real reason for the no deal vote in the Commons is so if the plotters get their own way with regards to a second referendum. They can claim that the question should be between May's deal or remain as no deal has (in their opinion) been ruled out.

Also Corbyn has repeatedly asked for no deal to be ruled out which kind of makes him complicit.

Exactly, in their opinion. I think it would be a difficult one to make stick.