Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live! Brexit 'Short Extension' Discussion

Voting will start at 17:00 hrs. Probably 19:00 hrs

This vote is to extend the leave date until June 30th, the last date possible before the EU elections.

If May gets her deal passed by the commons next week the reason for the extension will be to pass necessary legislation etc.

If May doesn't get her deal passed by the commons they will have to come up with a very good excuse and possibly agree to new terms and conditions from the EU.

By the way, every single member of the EU must agree to extend article 50.

Many MPs are wanting a longer extension!!!!!!!!!!

There are also two amendment tabled.

One for a second referendum (Amendment H)
One for no second referendum

Bercow will decide which amendments to put to the vote. Hmmmm. I wonder which amendments he will put forward. Dodgy

Sigh, Yes, its amendment H that is being put to the vote.
These are all the amendments to be voted on for today.

Amendment (h) Seeks an extension to Article 50 to give enough time to legislate for and hold a second referendum on whether to leave the EU, with remain and parliament's preferred Brexit option on the ballot paper. (Dr Sarah Wollaston)

Amendment (i) Seeks to allow MPs to take control of the Brexit process. (Hilary Benn)

Amendment (e) Notes that parliament has "decisively" rejected both Theresa May's deal and no deal and calls for a delay to Brexit "to provide parliamentary time for this House to find a majority for a different approach." (Jeremy Corbyn)

Amendment (j) Aims to stop a third meaningful vote on May's deal. (Chris Bryant)
Amendment (h)       85/334       Rejected

Amendment (i)        312/314     Rejected

Amendment (e)       302/318     Rejected

Commons votes 412 to 202 to approve a motion to seek to extend the Article 50 period.

This extension will be until June 30th 2019 if Mays deal is approved by 20 March.

It notes that if a deal is not approved, the length of the extension will depend on its purpose.
The DUP are now in talks with Theresa May in Downing street, I have a feeling that her deal will pass when it comes back for another vote next week but there will be a delay so all the neccessary legislation can get passed in the house of commons.
(03-15-2019, 01:30 PM)IanWhann Wrote: The DUP are now in talks with Theresa May in Downing street, I have a feeling that her deal will pass when it comes back for another vote next week but there will be a delay so all the neccessary legislation can get passed in the house of commons.

I agree.

The DUP and the ERG (Reluctantly) will back Mays deal at the next vote I feel sure.

But, will we be able to trade properly outside of Europe?

I suppose until the trade agreement is agreed, how the hell long is that going to take, we won't know for sure.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LIVE! Brexit 'No Deal' Discussion. CommonWealth 1 56 03-13-2019, 07:43 PM
Last Post: CommonWealth